Actor Govinda to Be Questioned by Odisha EOW in ₹1000 Crore Online Ponzi Scam Case: Report
● The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) will soon question Bollywood actor Govinda in connection with a Rs 1000 crore online ponzi scam case, according to reports.
● EOW stated that at present, Govinda is neither a suspect nor an accused. He will only be questioned.
● Solar Techno Alliance's (STA-Token) online presence in several countries was illegally operating a pyramid-structured online Ponzi scheme under the garb of crypto investment.
● Govinda reportedly endorsed the company, attended its grand function in Goa in July, and promoted the company in some videos.
● the Bureau of Immigration, issued Look out Circulars (LOC) against three top-up-line members who are also among the main accused persons
● LOC was issued against a Hungarian national, who is the global head of the scam.
● The EOW estimated that more than 10,000 people from Odisha have already been members of this scheme
Bollywood actor Govinda will soon be questioned by the Odisha Economic Offences Wing (EOW) in connection to their probe into the Rs 1000 crore online ponzi scam. The actor reportedly endorsed the company which has been found guilty of running the pan-India scam.
As per reports, a company named Solar Techno Alliance, which had a presence in several countries across the globe operated an online ponzi scheme under the pretense of cryptocurrency investment. The company reportedly collected deposits without Reserve Bank of India authorization from over 2 lakh people across the country and raised a whopping Rs 1000 crore.
The EOW estimated that more than 10,000 people from Odisha have already been members of this scheme. This scheme/scam has more than two lakh members (Pan India) mainly in states like Punjab, Rajasthan, Bihar, Jharkhand, Haryana, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Assam.
According to a report in a national newspaper, authorities at the EOW stated that at present, Govinda is neither a suspect nor an accused. He will only be questioned because he had endorsed STA in a few videos, and the officials will try to find more clues about the scam from his statement.
Govinda had attended a mega event hosted by STA in Goa in July this year and thus, a team of Odisha EOW will reach Mumbai soon to question the actor regarding his association with the company. The officials added that if Govinda's role in the case is only limited to being an endorser of the company as per a valid agreement, then he will be made a witness in the case.
Govinda is yet to issue an official statement about his involvement in the case.
On the work front, Govinda was last seen in the 2019 film Rangeela Raja, in which he played a double role. While he has been keeping away from films for quite some time now, he is often spotted appearing on reality shows and events as a special guest.
Earlier this year, he was also seen enthralling the audience with his trademark dance steps at the Filmfare Awards, and he was seen shaking a leg with his 'Partner' Salman Khan.
Google to make Pixel in India by next quarter
As part of its plan to ship more than 10 million Pixel phones this year, Al...
Data Safeguard Appoints Mohit Puri as Director of Sales for AP
Data Safeguard, a leading provider of AI-powered Data Privacy compliance an...
Samsung Chief hails developing Galaxy S24 as the most rewardin
Dr. TM Roh, President & Head of MX Business, Samsung Electronics said tha...
GLOBUS INFOCOM LTD.
BEETEL TELETECH LTD.
NETWEB TECHNOLOGIES INDIA LTD.
DIGISOL SYSTEMS LTD.
Technology Icons Of India 2023: Nikhil Rathi
Nikhil Rathi, Co-founder & CEO of Web Werks, a global leader in Data C...
Technology Icons Of India 2023: Lt Gen (Dr.) Rajesh Pant (Retd.)
LT Gen(Dr.) Rajesh Panth (Retd.), National cyber security coordination...
PGCIL transforming India with its wide power transmission network
Engaged in power transmission, POWERGRID or PGCIL is a stated owned In...
ECIL continues to keep India ahead in the growth of Information Technology and Electronics
ECIL played a very significant role in the training and growth of high...
SONATA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
Sonata Software Limited is a leading Modernization engineering company...
IRIS GLOBAL SERVICES PVT. LTD.
Iris Global services is one of the leading distribution houses that d...