Govt to revise policy on cab aggregators


By MYBRANDBOOK


MYBRAND BOOK

The Indian government has proposed to consult stakeholders before finalizing a policy to regulate ride-hailing companies such as Ola and Uber. It may revise some of the guidelines for the companies which they proposed last year. The transport ministry is planning to have consultations with stakeholders for a few new guidelines.

 

The ministry is also considering setting a timeline in terms of the total hours allowed or rides for surge pricing apart from instituting a robust dispute redressal system with a helpline number.

 

Though now the ride-hailing firms take about 20% commission on every ride, the government wants cab drivers to get 90% of the fare from each ride and the remaining 10% for the ride-hailing firms as per the proposal. It may also mandate a face-recognition system for verification of drivers.

 

The proposed guidelines are reported to address the issues of passenger security, types of vehicles allowed and liability responsibility as provided in the new motor vehicles act.



 TOP 25 ICT BRANDS 2019 

 TOP 25 BRANDS  Placeholder image

 WOMEN LEADERSHIP  Placeholder image

 IMAGE GALLERY  Placeholder image
IT FORUM 2019

 EMINENT CIOs OF INDIA  Placeholder image

 MOST ADMIRED BRANDS  Placeholder image

 TRENDS IN TECHNOLOGY  Placeholder image

MORE VIDEOS  Placeholder image




 ADVERTISEMENTS  Placeholder image

Copyright www.mybrandbook.co.in @1999-2020 - All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Kalinga Digital Media Pvt. Ltd. is prohibited.
Other Initiatives : www.varindia.com | www.spoindia.org