Government to remove physical Toll Booths from next Year onwards
Nitin Gadkari, Road Transport and Highways Minister said that India will do away with toll booths and implement complete GPS-based toll collection within one year. Also, short distance tolls near cities called sweeteners will be rectified soon. Gadkari said that vehicles are coming with company fitted GPS System and Govt will install GPS in old Vehicles for free.
Gadkari said in the Lok Sabha during Question Hour, "I want to assure the House that within one year all physical toll booths in the country will be removed. It means that toll collection will happen via GPS. The money will be collected based on GPS imaging (on vehicles)".
The minister also said he has instructed police inquiry for those vehicles which do not pay toll using FASTags. There are cases of toll theft and GST evasion cases if FASTags are not fitted in vehicles.
Making the tags compulsory would also help in ensuring that vehicles pass seamlessly through the toll plazas, as the fee payment would be done electronically. Gadkari said 93% of the vehicles pay toll using FASTag, but the remaining 7% have still not taken it despite paying a double toll. Gadkari said new vehicles have FasTags fitted in them, while the government has said it will give free FASTags for old vehicles.
Dell spins off VMware stake to pay $9.7 Billion to reduce the
Dell Technologies Inc said on Wednesday it would spin off its 81 percent s...
IT services giant Ensono is acquired by KKR
Ensono, a leading hybrid IT services provider, it provides a comprehensive ...
Route Mobile is investigating claims on the data leak
Hackers has able to compromised servers of enterprise communications firm ...
CELKON IMPEX PVT LTD
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
ZOHO Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
T.V. MOHANDAS PAI, CHAIRMAN - MANIPAL GLOBAL EDUCATION
Mohandas Pai is a Padma Shri Awardee and former CFO and Board Member a...