Government announces stimulus package of Rs 29.87 lakh crore, which is 15% of GDP
The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has listed 12 new measures on November 12th as a part of the stimulus package during the COVID-19 outbreak. The Centre announced another stimulus package worth Rs 2.65 lakh crore, as a part of Atmanirbhar Bharat 3.0. This amount includes the Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme announced on November 11. Sitharaman said the economy is seeing strong recovery, and COVID-19 active cases are declining.
The breakdown given was as follows:
>> Rs 192,800 crore allocated for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP)
>> Rs 1,102,650 crore allocated towards Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan 1.0
>> Rs 82,911 core for PMGKP Anna Yojana (which has been extended for five months till November)
>> Rs 265,080 crore allocated under today’s set of announcements under Atmanirbhar Bharat 3.0
>> Rs 1,271,200 crore from RBI measures announced till October 31, 2020
>> Total is Rs 2,987,641 crore or 15b percent of GDP
Announcements made under Atmanirbhar Bharat 3.0 on November 12:
- Rs 145,980 crore for Atmanirbhar Manufacturing – PLI scheme for 10 champion sectors
- Rs 65,000 crore support for agriculture in form or fertiliser subsidy
- Rs 18,000 crore for Housing for All under PMAY-U
- Rs 10,200 crore for industrial infrastructure, industrial incentives and domestic defence equipment
- Rs 10,000 crore towards boost for rural employment
- Rs 6,000 crore towards equity infusion in NIIF debt PF to boost infrastructure
- Rs 6,000 crore allocated to Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana (total allocation till date is Rs 36,000 crore)
- Rs 3,000 crore towards boost for project exports
- Rs 900 crore as R&D grant for COVID Suraksha i.e Indian vaccine development
Sitharaman further spoke on the economic status, saying there is “strong recovery.” She said, “Quite a few indicators showing distinct recovery in the economy. Bank credit growth is up 5..1 percent and markets are at a record high. Forex reserves are like never before. The Reserve Bank of India will now come out with a monthly report showing a strong growth.” Sitharaman added that “we could be back to positive growth” as seen in the third quarter itself, adding that “government is maintaining an unrelenting reform pitch.”
Tech Mahindra alliance with RUAG International
Tech Mahindra announced a strategic partnership with RUAG International, ...
Dynamics 365 Project Operations now available in India
Microsoft has announced the availability of its Dynamics 365 Project Oper...
Google Pay is under the scanner of Competition Commission (CCI
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has decided to pursue investigat...
VU Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Zicom Electronic Security Systems Ltd
Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL)
Busy Infotech Pvt. Ltd.